/* -- comments show hide javascript -- */

Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Results

Cash Game Profits: 1956
Hours Played: 50
Hands played: 19.6K
BB/100: 10.5
Dollars/Hour: 39

SNG HU (mainly 10 dollar SNGs): 168

Another month, another grind. I got burnt out playing cash tables and started playing HU sngs near the end of the month. I was up quite a bit but today, just before this post, I played and had my first losing session of about 80 dollars.

I ran well this month also. I think without the luck on my side, my BB/100 would have been at 7BB/100 which is still considered "killing it." I think anything over 5BB/100 hand these days is considered an ass whooping.

Yesterday I did 2 tables of moving up and then the tables broke and I got too chicken to play on the tougher ones.

I just have an extreme fear of moving up. One unlucky day at the higher stakes equals how much I made this month. 10 Buy In losses are very common for other players (I usually stop loss at 5) and that emotional swing is something I cannot take until I am more financially secure in life.

I leave for Vietnam in October and if I find a job that will let me live and save money. I will definitely move up. Who wants to grind 100NL? I just want to play poker for an hour or two a day.

posted by joe | permalink | 2 comments

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Azn_Cutie said...

I used to teach ESL in Asia, it was pretty interesting times. Do you sharkscope your HU opponents before you play them? You can get a huge edge by only sitting w/ losing players.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger joe said...

i don't pay for sharkscope so i only get 5 views i think. i usually just save it for interesting players that i think are really good, bad, agr.

today i played an awful guy, so i sharkscoped him after the game.

before me, he's played 10 games, average stake is 24 dollars and he's lost 200.

so that means he's 1-9. after my game, 1-10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home