/* -- comments show hide javascript -- */

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Soul reading

I've been soul read. Where's the line btwn genius and stupidity? I very rarely ever triple barrel but there are rare circumstances when I will.

1. The player has very high VPIP and is calling me down very lightly on the flop and possibly the turn (draws or marginal pair hands).

2. I have some strong outs (not simply overcards but maybe some sort of str or flush draw, or overcards + backdoor draws).

3. The river is a very good scare card or it's a card that does not change anything.

4. The player in question has not been losing in the recent hands.

Today, all 4 situations qualified and I made my rare 3 barrel bluff. Sure the hands I'm repping are very slim, but you do not expect people to see that you are polarizing your range with the line you take at these levels.

1. His VPIP was 50. His fold to cbet was 47. His went to show down was 29 percent. These are huge calling station numbers.

2. I had overcards + gut shot on flop. I improved my straight draw on the turn.

3. The river paired the board so I knew if he had a pocket pair he still only had that pair.

4. He's stacked 4 people already either coolering them with set over set or lucking out on the turn/river with straights/flush.

This is a go. Here is the hand and I believe I still would have made this play if I could have seen his hand.


Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players


Hero (BTN): $65
SB: $281.95
BB: $117.10
UTG: $96.30
CO: $108.15

Pre-Flop: dealt to Hero (BTN)

2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($8) (2 Players)

SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

Turn: ($18) (2 Players)

SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls $15

River: ($48) (2 Players)

SB checks, Hero bets $41.50 and is All-In, SB calls $41.50

Results: $131 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed (a pair of Fives) and LOST (-$65 NET)
SB showed (two pair, Sevens and Fives) and WON $128 (+$63 NET)

posted by joe | permalink | 1 comments

1 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to add him to your friends list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home