/* -- comments show hide javascript -- */

Thursday, May 29, 2008

WSOP

FTP has a fantasy poker thing going where you choose players who you think will do the best in each WSOP tournament. You have 15 choices in 3 groups: A, B, C.

People in your A group get their points multiplied by 3. People in group B by 2 and C by 1.

I had a core group of players that I "let it ride" for all the tournaments b/c I didn't want to pick a team for each of the events b/c there were just too many.

A:

Phil Ivey - obv choice. natural at every game, so i can feel safe leaving him there for everything.
Bill Edler - makes it deep everywhere.
Pearl Jammer - very solid TAG internet player.
Allen Cunningham - like ivey, a natural at every game (when i say this, i mean cash too and other types of gambling games).
Danny Wong - many people would be surprised at this pick, but hopefully he's the guy that will set me apart from all the other people who choose the same as me.

B:

Daniel Negreanu - solid player at every type of tournament play (limit/no limit/omaha)
Erick Lindgren - solid player
Kirk Morrison - creative player who is very consistent in making it deep
Scott Clement - gotta pick an internet player. but this one has good live results
David Pham - very aggressive tournament player

C:

Daniel Alaei - talented cash player but i don't know why but i'm a big fan of his
Nam Le - strong, aggressive player
Gus Hansen - loose, small ball player
Erik Seidel - Cardplayer of the year number 1 right now. old school tricky player
Dan Harrington - Very solid player. Author of many books.

Once in awhile when I wasn't lazy I tailored my list for other games. For example in a mixed game one I threw in old school players like Barry G and Doyle Brunson b/c they have more experience in other games of poker. For limit hold'em I threw in Joe Cassidy and Howard Lederer b/c they are very solid at that game. For omaha I put David Benyamine and for 6 max no limit I threw in some cash game internet players like omg clay aiken and aggressive God, Patrik Antonius.

This Sunday I'm in a freeroll where top 3 get entry into the Main Event. Should have about 200 people, so I have a 1.5 percent to get 10k. Woohoo! This is would normally be about 150 dollars entry if we had all chiped in, so this is a very good freeroll.

posted by joe | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home