/* -- comments show hide javascript -- */

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Did I miss out on Value?

For quite some time now, I've felt comfortable multitabling 100NL and every time I hit 1000 in profits I would cash out, but I've decided to ride it and try to climb stakes. Today I played 2 tables of 200NL as well as 2 tables of 100NL.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed)

MP ($205.40)
CO ($63.95)
Button ($53.41)
Hero ($98)
BB ($187.21)
UTG ($198)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.

1 fold, MP calls $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $9, 1 fold, MP calls $7.

With a limper I did the standard reraise in the small blind.


Flop: ($20) 8, 2, 4 (2 players)

Hero checks, MP checks.

The board is relatively dry with no flush or str draws. If I was in position, I would have definitely bet out 3/4ths pot, but being OOP I played it safe and checked.

Turn: ($20) K (2 players)

Hero bets $14, MP raises to $28, Hero calls $14.

great card for me, so I decide to get some value from this and bet 3/4ths. To my complete surprise and dismay I was min raised. I could go all in at this point, but thought I would only get called by hands that beat me, so I decided to call.

River: ($76) 6 (2 players)

Hero checks, MP bets $32, Hero calls $32.



Final Pot: $140

Results in white below:

Hero has Kd Ad (one pair, kings).

MP has Td Kh (one pair, kings).

Outcome: Hero wins $140.


If he put me all in, I felt like that's how he would play Trips or a BLUFF. But he didn't, he bet small, should I have sensed a small bet would be a dominated king and should I have reraised all in? Was I playing to passively? I'm not sure at all how well I did in this hand.

posted by joe | permalink | 2 comments

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Azn_Cutie said...

Joe I am not much of an online player although I am a pretty good live player and I've made some money playing .50/1 and 1/2 online.

Why do you check this flop? You are losing a lot of money if you don't continuation bet most of your preflop raises - just bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot on the flop and you can take it down there.

Your play is fine on other streets, I might alternate between checking on the river and putting out a block bet. But once again, I preface by saying I am not an online player. Keep up the good shows my man and Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger joe said...

thanks for the comment. OOP on a dry board i'm always 50/50 on making a c-bet. it depends on my read of the player. most people would always c-bet on dry boards. i guess i'm a nit, but, in this case, the player was a calling station that would call with any pair + any overcard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home